Friday 11 July 2014

Basingstoke Exhibition

I am please to share the news that my work is on display in a bustling area of Basingstoke Festival Place for 6 weeks. Having invidulated this gallery shop I've seen the volume of footfall of like minded locals, which gives hope to the local art scene.

I have 9 artworks on display; 6 canvas pieces, one of which is a handmade custom canvas, and 3 drawings. 

These works have an underlying expression for the theme of travel, and one of my recent works titled Wanderlust alludes to this. 

The show is a collection of work by local artists and is the second "pop up" gallery under the name All Our Own Work. I was invited to participate in the first smaller shop but due to previous commitments at the resident artist exhibit I couldn't fulfil that ask.

 I'm pleased that fellow Fine Art Graduate Claire Leach is also taking part in the exhibition. (See photo, drawings on left by Claire Leach) 

For more details please check my Facebook page 'Sarah Byng Art'. Or visit the shop, next door to BHS and Topshop; festival place, Basingstoke. 




No comments:

Post a Comment